Professional Portfolio

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jana Pearl
    Participant

Hi all,
    I am curious if anyone has any tips on making the transition from (graduate) student portfolio to professional portfolio. I have now been working for almost 3 years and I am starting to re-work my portfolio to include the major projects I have been working on and wonder how much graduate work do I really need to show since I have advanced skill wise in AutoCAD and other programs that I once highlighted previously? Id rather focus on the 5 projects over the past few years however, maybe it is good to keep the older work to show progress? Thank you for your advice and thoughts…

Jana

nca
    Participant

There are a lot of professional portfolios on the ASLA resume posting page right now.

From my own observation they always seem to be pretty ‘gridded’ and straight forward–three or four drawings on 8.5×11 with a simple titleblock and project stats on each sheet. I’m curious what others suggest as well. Just my two cents.

If I were to re-do my portfolio right now I would probably have three professional projects and two or three student projects included. My little rule of thumb for myself right now would be that if you dont cringe when you look at it yet, then it’s still probably OK.

Jana Pearl
    Participant

Thank you Nick! I will check out the ASLA posting page, that should have been an obvious place for me to look. And I do admit I cringed a little, but more in the sense that I was shocked at where I was when it still feels like yesterday!

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register