Quick way to convey intimate knowlege of plant material?

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums PORTFOLIO & RESUME Quick way to convey intimate knowlege of plant material?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Deryn Davidson
    Participant

I’m trying to briefly list some of my skills and I’m stuck on one. Can anyone suggest a quick, bullet point style, way to covey horticultural knowledge/experience working with plants/good plant ID skills/etc?? Is there something that is used among professionals to get this point across? Something like: “native plant knowledge” or “plant ID”, etc. It’s easy to list things like computer software I’m familiar with, but this is proving to be a bit more wordy and difficult.

Thanks!

Tosh K
    Participant

If you have horticultural or arborist certification, there’s that; or worked in a nursery…  Some people fresh out of school list “related coursework” to convey some indication of the slant of their curriculum, or to highlight areas of personal interest.  Maybe teaching/TA work related to coursework as bullets?

Tanya Olson
    Participant

I think you just said it or nearly so –  ‘horticultural expertise in AZ and desert southwest’ or ‘horticultural specialization in native plants of such and such landscapes’  – something specific like that.

Boilerplater
    Participant

I’ve never been intimate with plant material.  Dad warned me about those types.

Deryn Davidson
    Participant

I had a feeling at least one person would take it in that direction…

intimate 1 |ˈintəmit|
    adjective

3. (of knowledge) detailed; thorough : an intimate knowledge of the software.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register