Recent Tone of the Lounge

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Zach Watson
    Participant

I don’t know if it is just my perspective or if others have noticed this also, but it seems like the tone of the lounge has changed over the last several months.  I know that there are many LAs or want to be LAs(myself included) that are still looking for work or are trying to make their way back into the an office somewhere, but I don’t seem to be seeing as many ‘what are you doing to pass the time until work comes back’ type of posts.  I have also been monitoring the Phoenix Market along with others in the west and noticing that there is a small pickup in LA positions opening up.  Finally I was just on ASLA’s Job Search Link and noticed that they are averaging about 1 new post per day (including weekends).  So while I’m not saying that everything is lollypops and gumdrops, there appears to be a shift in the job market right now that is allowing more positions to open up and become available.  So is this just me or are others seeing the gradual shift also?

Zach

Tanya Olson
    Participant

Hey Zach – I think you’re right. There has been a slow but steady increase in work and I think some offices that stayed down to the bare minimum for as long as possible are finally reaching the point where they need to hire to keep up with their workload.

My intuitive prediction: the next 6 months will make or break the recovery. If we keep slowly increasing we’ll be on the road back to work. If projects / workloads fall off again….well, lets just say we’d better get the hip waders on ‘cuz we’ll be in deep doodoo.

Jordan Lockman
    Participant

Everyone that I have talked to seems to have increasing workloads also. So maybe or maybe it is just a blip. I know we had quite a few projects on hold that finally went through. So maybe the market is ready for more building???

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register