Reference material recommendations

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Reference material recommendations

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Renee’ Robinson
    Participant

I’d like to freshen up on construction document/details. Are there any recommendations other than the Time-Saver Standards books?  

Recommendations for sustainable design practice books?
    Thanks!
    Frank Varro
    Participant

Check out “Landscape Architectural Graphic Standards”. Its published by Wiley, and seems to be a little more graphic based than Time Saver, is more up to date in terms of green infrastructure, and just a little more all-encompassing. Its not cheap ($230 ish), but seems like it is worth it.

Eric Gilbey
    Participant

I would echo Frank. After getting this book, not only I use it, but several coworkers borrow it for their needs too.

Rob Halpern
    Participant

Seems like it can be found for far less.
    In the meantime, test drive it!

http://books.google.com/books?printsec=frontcover&id=4Toh06XEqMoC#v=onepage&q&f=false

Boilerplater
    Participant

I’m a fan of the spiral-bound “Site Construction Details Manual”, which you can get with a CD of the details in CAD. Since its also by Time Saver Standards, maybe you already found that. If you’re studying for the LARE, try to be aware of why details are the way they are, such as in regard to frost lines, soil types, how a material behaves in different weather condition and how it weathers.

Frank Varro
    Participant

I had no idea there was a paperback even out yet. The Hardcover is looking to be a little less then I was saying on some sites too though…

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Landscape-Architectural-Graphic-Standards/Leonard-J-Hopper/e/9780471477556/?itm=1

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register