Render Landscape Plan with Markers

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GRAPHICS Render Landscape Plan with Markers

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mike Lin
    Participant

View larger size        b/w version

A beautiful landscape plan nicely rendered by BeLoose Graphic Workshop member Romella Edgmon who took the workshop in July 2007. She wrote the entire rendering process (click here) to share with Land8lounge members.  Hope you will find time to practice on this project.  Thanks to Romella.

earthworker
    Participant

Since when did this ‘Forum’ become a source for free advertising for Mike Lin’s Workshop?  It’s really starting to get annoying. 

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

A link to view an article written to be shared wit Land8 requires us to sign up to be a member.

Really?

Mike Lin
    Participant

For your convenience, I have linked the article on the Land8 site under group BeLoose Graphic Workshop.  Thanks for your inquiry.

StephR
    Participant
    Mike Lin
    Participant

It is so nice to know our effort on Land8 was being appreciated. I do plan on having another new book published, but it won’t be this or next year yet.  I will consider putting more plant symbols per your request.  Thanks and tell your friends to visit Land8 for more tips of graphics under our group “BeLoose Graphic Workshop”.

Jonathan Nelsen
    Participant

Quick question for any marker users out there:

In the description for this project,  20# bond paper is mentioned as being used.  Is this standard for marker renderings?  I know you can buy “marker paper”, but what kind of paper is preferred for your marker renderings to get the best results?

Thanks,

Jon

Mike Lin
    Participant

I recommend the marker paper by Borden Riley 100S. That is a very good marker paper that our BeLoose Graphic Workshop has been using for many years.  It does come with either sheets or in roll. 20# bond tends to bleed too much.  Let me know if you have more questions.

earthworker
    Participant

Quick, the client needs 2 more rendered full size alternatives of this plan with labels and in an email format within 30 minutes……Oh wait, you hand rendered this…and had to go to Kinko’s to scan it…and there are no labels……Nevermind.

I love hand rendering but in many large, fast-paced offices hand rendering is luxury that just doesn’t fly anymore.

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

Having the capability of hand rendering is not the same as relying on it all of the time. I am not a hand renderer, but if I had the skill set, there would be times when I’d apply it and times when I would not. …. but it would be great to have the option.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register