San Diego

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David Lorberbaum
    Participant

I am heading out to San Diego for a wedding at the beginning of June and wanted to see what suggestions of different sites I should try and visit while out there.

landplanner
    Participant

The must sees are the obvious and not-so:

Obvious:

• Balboa Park- allow  1 1/2 days
    • San Diego Waterfront-around convention center and linear park
    • Gaslamp District and PetCo Field
    • Wild Animal Park (Escondido)
    • Old Town
    • Little Italy

Not-So-Obvious

• Mission Trails Regional Park
    • La Jolla Cove
    • Downtown Solano Beach/Encinitas
    • The great brewhouse near San Marcos with the award winning (ASLA) outdoor dining area and associated landscape.
    • UCSD

That should take care of a full week or more for you.

Trace One
    Participant

I second the La Jolla Cove, the childrens pool – esp. if you have kids,  its a great spot, and you can walk all along the coast, over from the seals at the Childrens Pool up to the sea lions and pelicans area, ant then up the hills along the coast behind the rich people’s houses  – also can easily walk to nice restaurants..Bring you swimsuit, if you can. and take a swim at the swimming cove just down from the seal cove, lifeguards are there and ten feet out you will be swimmng with garibaldi in gorgeous blue water..Great place to khayak also. I’ve seen whales just standing on the cliffs there..

The rest of SD is real metza-metza fot me – I mean not that great..

I geuss the zoo is an internationally famous botanical exhibit, it’s pretty cool.

And the Del – take the ferry across to Coronado and rent a bike (right there at the ferry landing) and bike over to the Hotel  Del Coronado, it is bike path almost the whole way, going under the Coronado bridge..

But you have to go to some event, or something? Just bag that!

(Kidding!)

Trace One
    Participant

Here’s a live cam link to the Childrens Pool, the seal cove..

http://www.wanconservancy.org/seal_media2.htm

ida
    Participant

Louis Kahn’s Salk Institute is a must see especially during sunset when the whole space glows

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register