san fransicso sacramento

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Barbara Barnes
    Participant

hi, i am in the us for a few days at short notice, and will be in sacramento and san fransicso (weather permititng) over the next couple of days.
    can you reccommend any good landscape projects to visit, especially sustainable sites, and good urban projects, and shared surfaces. many thanks bb

Michelle Derviss
    Participant

Check out the new green roof at the Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park.
    From there you can walk across the concourse to the museum or the Japanese Tea Garden.
    Also within a stones throw is the Botanical garden right across the main street.

There are lots of iconic landscape architectural sites to visit such as Levi plaza, , Ghirardelli Square , Alcatraz Island( Halprin) , The Presidio , and the Embarcadero. If you hit the Embarcadero at the right time you’ll might catch the weekly farmers market which is terrific, it is in the ferry building.

Andrew Spiering
    Participant

In SF, you could walk down Market and Mission Street and find a ton of cool projects. For example, Mint Plaza, Union Square, JP Morgan Plaza, Yerba Buena Gardens, Jewish Museum, and Justin Herman Plaza (Halprin).

neil travis mayes
    Participant

if you like art and landscape the Cornerstone winery in sonoma has many different landscape architecture installations from various professionals and institutes.

Trace One
    Participant

definitely the Renzo Piano addition to the Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park – it’s really great, inside and out..

Andrew Spiering
    Participant

I agree. Cornerstone Gardens is inspiring. Here’s a link – http://www.cornerstonegardens.com/

Barbara Barnes
    Participant

Hi All, thanks for your recommendations. Cornerstone definitely looks like worth a visit for me. SF here I come. bb

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register