Showing Pavement using AD Markers

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GRAPHICS Showing Pavement using AD Markers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Amit Pandya
    Participant

Hi All!

I was just wanting a quick tip or a helping hand in figuring out how to show paving using AD markers.  We render on 25 lb bond and I would like show the paving as something more than just a flat mat color with a hand drawn hatch over it.  If you could, please let me know what colors you like to use and the rendering technique you like to use in applying color/texture to you’re paving.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Amit

toby
    Participant

Back in the day when (if) I did this kind of stuff, pavements were warm grays 1 – 5 , darker at the edges, lighter in the middles.  The lightest color would go down everywhere with darker colors over still wet so bleed would occur. 

I did the same thing with greens for mass vegetation.  A dark dark green would then be used to make things pop – branching, plant centers, etc.

Amit Pandya
    Participant

Thanks Guys!  I am familiar with the warm grey’s Toby, and I started mixing in colors with pale indigo and sunset pink but muddled the rendering a bit too much (it almost looks like a wetland).  I will keep it simple with just a 2-3 color combination and try that.  Brian I will work with this style, it always helps to see it applied, I do not have suntan but will sub a lighter color.  Thanks for the advice!

Amit

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register