Sound barrier walls

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    linda
    Participant

Hi –

Anyone seen any creative solutions for outdoor sound barrier walls in a residential setting? Especially with low cost materials? I’ve done some internet searches but no luck yet besides the standard US highway variety.

Thanks!

Linda

George Snarr
    Participant

Hi Linda,

My name is George Snarr and I am with Acoustical Solutions, Inc. in Richmond, VA. We have various materials for you to choose from for different applications. Please check out our website at http://www.acousticalsolutions.com
    We can provide material only or provide a full turn key installation with site analysis, engineering and installation. I have attached a spec guide for our precast concrete wall.
    Thanks, George

Mark Lerch
    Participant

perhaps try “noise and sound attenuation”. Time saver standards for Landscape Architecture goes into this.

George –

Saw your post, I have a small 100′-300′ residential sound wall application north of Baltimore and am interested in your products. Could not seem to locate your contact info. Please contact me at tes@mdswm.com.

Thanks
    Ted Scott

Ed Siribohdi
    Participant

How about typical block wall then green them up with creeping fig or Boston Ivy.

linda
    Participant

Thanks Sean. Actually I thought of that, but wasn’t sure how effective it would be, besides being very beautiful. Where is it that you’ve seen them applied…what city I mean? I’d like to see that.

linda
    Participant

Thanks everyone. Very helpful suggestions…. Can’t believe I overlooked Time Saver Standards!

George Snarr
    Participant

Good Morning Ted,

I was out yesterday but would be happy to see if we could help you with a design. I’ll send you a separate email later today. Thanks in advance,

George Snarr

linda
    Participant

Thank you, Fernando. Great pictures and great idea!!!

Robi Haqe
    Participant

The materials I use to reduce the sound are very good materials. My house is on the street side the sound of many cars enters the house. It is almost impossible to stay home in the sound of these cars. In these incidents, I used the Noise Barrier Wall at home since then I am very comfortable. You can take ideas from it if you want.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register