Story Board: New Guide Offers An Insider’s Look At New York City’s Urban Landscapes

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums STORY BOARD Story Board: New Guide Offers An Insider’s Look At New York City’s Urban Landscapes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Spiering
    Participant

In just the nick of time for outdoor summer weekends in New York City, Norton Architecture and Design Books has released a Guide to New York City Urban Landscapes. It’s a concise and beautifully illustrated guide to thirty-eight public spaces that claims to be the “first wide-ranging survey of New York urban landscapes from the first half of the nineteenth century to, well, tomorrow.” [ Via ArchPaper ]

Trace One
    Participant

cool! Thanks, Andrew! Before I went to graduate school they wanted me to take some art classes, so I enrolled at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn for a pre-arch. class – we did a tour of  something like thirty ‘vest pocket parks of Manhattan” – starting of course with Paley Park..I kept the tour outline for years but then I lost it,  which I will always regret..it was terrific, and incredibly  informative. This book may help as a replacement.

Andrew Spiering
    Participant

Sounds like an awesome class!  Bummer you misplaced the tour outline.  Perhaps that gives us reason to create our own… 🙂 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register