Studying for the LARE

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Erin Canterbury
    Participant

Anyone beginning to study for the LARE in Illinois? I’ve been told it is beneficial to have a study partner. Anyone interested?

Brent Farrar
    Participant

Same here…im studying in MS and am going to take the Study sessions offered by UGA in February. http://www.ced.uga.edu/index.php/events/list/cat/lare_review Feb 26-27-28..i realize this isnt in IL, but it might help u.

Erin Canterbury
    Participant

Thanks Brent…I saw that the session was being held but was worried it may be too close to a testing date. Its still an option, thanks!

Elaine Delaney
    Participant

I live in Chicago and would love to partner up. Are you in the city?

Geoff G
    Participant

Erin,
    I’m studying for section E to take in June and live in the city if you want to try and get together. Is this your first time taking any of the graphic portions? I’ve passed everything but D and E at this point and this is a re-take for E. I’m pretty sure I know what I did wrong but it is always good to have a fresh set of eyes on a drawing after staring at it for an hour or more.
    Let me know.
    Geoff

Susan Sevcik
    Participant

Hi Erin,
    I live in the Lincoln Park area and am studying to take Section C in a few weeks. After that I’ll be studying for Sections B&D. Let me know if you live in the area and are interested.
    -Susan

Erin Canterbury
    Participant

Hi Geoff, sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I’m thinking that by now you have taken part E in June. If so, I hope you do great! I had great expectations of taking Section C in June, but the busy season did not allow for that. I want to focus and take it in December. I also know there are the multiple choice exams in September, just not sure I will have the out of office time to dedicate to studying. If you are studying still throughout the year let me know, two eyes are better than one. Let me know,

Erin

Erin Canterbury
    Participant

Hi Susan,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I have postponed taking the LARE til this winter where I will have more focus time. I’m not too far from Lincoln Park, let me know what your study expectations are and maybe we can arange some study time. Let me know.

Erin

Susan Sevcik
    Participant

Whoa – sorry! Just saw this! So, I passed Section C and could help you with that if you want. I’m slacking and not taking B, D, and E until next spring but need to start studying to get a head start.

I’m living in Evanston now but am in the city often. If you want to study together, shoot me an email: susansevcik@gmail.com.

Good luck!
    Susan

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register