Sustainable Landscape Design of Stormwater Management

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums RESEARCH Sustainable Landscape Design of Stormwater Management

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Faiz Musa
    Participant

Hello, my name is Faiz Musa. I am a Master Research student of Built Environment at International Islamic University Malaysia.

Currently, I am doing a research on “A Study on Sustainable Landscape Design of Stormwater Management in Urban Setting”.

I would like to have a forum discussion about the roles of landscape design in stormwater management in terms of:

1.       Concepts

Concept here can be considered as general ideas and principles in stormwater management. Concept offers a basis in constructing theories of landscape design to understand the scientific knowledge of landscape and its processes.

2.       Strategies or techniques

The strategies of landscape design in stormwater management will try to ‘reproduce the predevelopment hydrology state.’ This means that landscape design approach should broaden and increase interception, depression storage and evapotranspiration coverage, increase infiltration rate and reduce surface runoff of hydrology cycle in urban area. This is to ensure the quantity of stormwater can be reduced by reduce the peak flow and runoff volume. Moreover, the quality of surface runoff can be improved by remove the pollutants of surface runoff.

All the discussions posted in this discussion will be cited in the research.

I am looking forward for the comments from all of you.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register