Tablet PC or IPad useful?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Robert Anderson
    Participant

Tanya,

A lot of this depends on what you are going to use it for and even to a certain extent what software you are currently using for design.

Vectorworks recently launched Cloud Services with a fully integrated system for accessing your drawings from the cloud and editing or annotating in the field with an iOS device through Nomad. Check out this link to see what they offer. Autodesk has similar offerings but I’m not that familiar with them at this time.

If I can be of further assistance let me know. I do provide consulting services to other firms on technology and CAD support.

Tanya Olson
    Participant

Using AutoCad, photoshop mostly. Would like a field sketch / measurement program that sin’t limited to a sheet size equal to the surface of the pad/tablet, sketch overlay would be great where you can take photos, stitch panoramics and sketch over the top with a stylus of course…sketching on top of pdfs would be helpful for meetings…

Tanya Olson
    Participant

Well I took the leap and got a Lenovo Thinkpad. The stylus is great and more pointed like a pen, not a rounded finger-shaped stylus that most tech stores have available. I was looking for less screen delay for drawing and thats exactly what this tablet provides. Tried iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Asus Transformer and a couple others with the same drawing program. The Thinkpad is by far the most responsive for drawing. The virtual keyboard is SLOW however, so I did get the keyboard / folio as well.

Programs – so far using Sketchbook for hand drawing, finding it very versatile, and just got Repligo Reader to annotate and edit pdfs and other documents. I think it will work great for presentations and workgroups.

Thats the update! Thanks for all of your advice!

Craig de Necker
    Participant

Welcome to the Lenovo club!

I can also recommend some software… RedStick CAD (one of the better CAD apps for Android) and Evernote (sync’s notes between pc, mac, ipad, iphone, android, blackberry devices) with the Skitch plugin (draw freehand in Evernote)

Enjoy!

Ellis Cucksey
    Participant
    Another app worth  checking out is called My Measures and Dimensions. It’s like 5 bucks butit lets you take a photo and then add dimensioning callouts and save the photo. Then you can upload to Evernote to have those images available everywhere you go.
    Volkan Erkan
    Participant

Hello, I am using galaxy NOTE smartphone. I am totally satisfied with it. It is in the size of my moleskin notebook.  Easy to carry, has a s-pen and special software that works perfectly. I would suggest it.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register