The Sucking Black Hole of the AECOM Careers website

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION The Sucking Black Hole of the AECOM Careers website

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    landplanner
    Participant

Has anyone out there ever actually received a credible response from AECOM regarding any of the landscape architecture/urban design/environmental planning job listings they have ? Upon first viewing, this firm, the biggest of the big international superstar outfits, has a multitude of jobs available. Less here in the States and far more internationally. My own personal and professional experience so far has been this.

IMHO, I have strong and attractive credentials, project accomplishments and so on and so forth….

And so far, as one other Land8Lounge contributor has noted before “crickets” as to the silence I have received after submitting on several AECOM positions. The only useful input I have received so far was, after some data mining, finding an actual email address of an actual AECOM human resources person. I wrote her about this quandry and her response (and she just dealt with Asia alone) was something like “we receive hundreds of resumes a day….”.

If you have had an experience that has led anywhere with this colossal firm, has is led anywhere other than an automated reply and then nothing after  ?

Yeah, sure thing, I’m currently in China and want to return to the States….. foolhardly proposition, right ?

Supportive or scathing comments encouraged and expected by the usual suspects found here.

nca
    Participant

It seems they rely heavily on personal recommendations. I applied via the website back in 2009 to no avail.

Jason T. Radice
    Participant

Apparently, even some within AECOM don’t like the website. I’ve seen and applied to a few positions directly to a person in that specific office hiring, without going through the AECOM stuff at all. They sometimes post on ASLA like that. I can only imagine the HR at that place, being the tens of thousands that work there, and the world wide reach of their business. They probably get thousands of resumes a day. Any large or prominent firm is is a similar position.

mauiBob
    Participant

You need to send them a singing telegram to get noticed. Yes, really.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register