THESIS DESIGN: integrating interactive narrative in a historical park

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION THESIS DESIGN: integrating interactive narrative in a historical park

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Marianne
    Participant

hi i’m doing a thesis regarding historical parks. The idea is to introduce a new approach in designing historical parks which will integrate the concept of interactive narrative.

Compared to a typical historical park which features more on sculpture or symbolic elements i’m thinking to have a design which is more on a narrative landscape or experiential landscape. But im not yet sure sure how to deal with this. Like are there samples projects like this before? can anyone share their thoughts or ideas about this?

thanks.

Adam E. Anderson
    Participant

Marianne,

I have been interested in interactive landscapes for some time. I’ve touched on a few things on my blog, and I know Interaction Designers and Architects have been working together on several projects. I can’t think of specific historical projects off hand, but here area a few sites you can check out that cover digital spatial interaction/ubiquitous computing. Hope this helps, cheers.

AEA
    Design Under Sky

Sites:

Interactive Architecture
    Vague Terrain

Brett Oppegaard
    Participant

I’m working on something that sounds similar. I’ve started a site to track sources: http://www.mobilestorytelling.net (planning a big update in December) and keep a blog that is updated more frequently, http://www.brettoppegaard.blogspot.com. Should be some sources on those that might help. Good luck!

Marianne
    Participant

thanks adam!… i’ll visit them for sure.

Marianne
    Participant

really?that’s nice. What specific project are you working on?

I’m gonna check the site right now. thank you.hopefully i find some techniques and concepts used so i can apply it in my design.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register