Typical drawing production hours CAD & hand drawn

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Typical drawing production hours CAD & hand drawn

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    ALEX P
    Participant

I haven’t use CAD for a long time…:P

umm??? how do you do CD’s?

DukeLW
    Participant

Thanks for the advice Thomas. Very helpful reply.  Yes I agree figuring out the financial side has been a good start to getting my head around how long this should all take, problem is the boss is still reluctant to release much info on pricing so I’m still a little in the dark…   You’re right on the money with comment about “old school” guys – my boss has always drawn by hand.  Thanks for the support.

DukeLW
    Participant

Thank you for your great reply Andrew.  THis is something I have been struggling with in my climb up the learning curve – when to jump into CAD and when to resolve issues on trace and when to go back to trace to tweak something that I can’t do in CAD.  I know my computer skills will improve but at the moment it just seems to take too long to do any kind of design inside CAD.  I pretty well have only trace if it is to be time efficient.  Your advice on the difficulty with scale makes a lot of sense to me and brought to my attention how easy it can be to ‘over-design’ things that in reality will never be seen at 1/8″ or 1/16″ scale plans.  Offsetting perimeter lines has also really helped. Thanks again!

DukeLW
    Participant

Thanks to all for your very helpful comments and discussions.  As a first time forum user I am hugely impressed with the number and quality of responses – many thanks and all the best.

G. Ryan Smith
    Participant

as a side note… since you’re talking about hand drafting vs. CAD drawing, ck out my topic and article:

http://land8lounge.com/forum/topics/new-cad-utility-draw

http://www.examiner.com/landscape-architecture-in-national/re-discovering-draw

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register