UC Berkeley Extension Landscape Architecture Program

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums EDUCATION UC Berkeley Extension Landscape Architecture Program

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Larissa
    Participant

I am interested in taking classes in this program and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with it. If so, what did you like about it? Dislike?

Thanks in advance for any responses : )

Andrew Spiering
    Participant

Berkeley Extension is a terrific program! The instructors are awesome and I have made some great friends through my courses. Currently, we organized a student group and have become a legit Student Chapter of the ASLA. We are working hard to bring students together to create a stronger community. It is a bit disjointed right now as many students commute to school and tend to take courses with the same folks they started the program with. This is good, but there are many other students to meet and engage. There is some question on the Admin side of things that the Certification may be in jeopardy. But, this has not bothered me as much as other students…

Hope this helps!

Larissa
    Participant

Are you currently taking courses to add to your knowledge? Or are you starting your career? How do you feel the program prepares to students to start their career?

Tracey
    Participant

I actually spoke with one of the professors recently; his name is Carlisle Becker. I would recommend contacting him; he’s full of information, and I’m sure he’d be happy to chat with you. His one criticism of the program is that it takes most students more than 6 years to get their certificate. I think that’s because the advisors aren’t pushing the students enough and class availiability can be tight.

However, if you’re not going for the certificate, the classes are rated highly. I haven’t taken any, so that’s the extent of my knowledge.

Larissa
    Participant

Thank you Tracey. Do most students then go on to do more schooling? Or are they eligible to take the exam to become licensed?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register