Urban Soil Remediation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lisa Green Santy
    Participant

I am a 6th year MLA student conducting research for my Capstone project involving remediation of urban soils, with an emphasis on hot, arid climates. I’m looking for case studies or other reasonably well documented work where urban soil remediation has played a significant role in the overall project. If anyone knows of LA firms who do a lot of this type of design or have high profile projects of this nature, I would greatly appreciate the heads up!

Robot
    Participant

I don’t know much about this topic, but the first person/company that comes to mind is Julie Bargmann of D.I.R.T. Studios.  I heard an interesting Terragrams podcast several years ago in which she describes her practice and research. 

This might at least be somewhere to start.

Lisa Green Santy
    Participant

Thanks Rob-

I knew about Julie but in visiting her site again, I picked up a thread that led me to some interesting (and relevant) projects.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Zach Watson
    Participant

Is this for Ted Cook’s LA Construction III class?  If not I would be interested to see some of your work if you would be open to it and I’m going to be doing a project on a neighboring topic that I might be able to pass some information along to you, as soon as I get started on the project.

Lisa Green Santy
    Participant

No–this is for my Masters Capstone project. Several of us (with closely related subjects) are getting together for discussion after our Urban Water Systems class (7:30ish) Thursday night. We could include you if you’re interested.

Zach Watson
    Participant

I would be interested to talk with your group but I have other commitments that night which would not allow me to meet with you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register