USA Jobs Site

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sullor
    Participant

Does anyone have experience navigating this site and the Avue site for the Forest Service? Any tips on applying for jobs online? Has anyone been hired by the Forest Service through these job sites?

Thanks!

Eric Gilbey
    Participant

I have used the USA Jobs site a couple years ago in a job search. I did apply, but was not hired, for two jobs with the Forest Service. The application process is very weighty, including the need to acquire and include college transcripts and even some essays about your qualifications and experience and how they apply towards fulfilling the particular job. Once you make one application, the others seem easier. The thing I liked about the process is that you are forced to be realistic about how your education, experience and abilities, and whether you are really qualified. It’s gratifying to know when you are, because you then realize anyone applying for that job can’t fake their qualifications to get a chance at a job they really have no business trying to fit into. Best of luck in your efforts!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register