Use of videography in Landscape Architecture

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Use of videography in Landscape Architecture

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Scott Holder
    Participant

I was curious if anyone has used video as a presentation tool. We are currently enrolled in a videography class during our thesis year at Auburn University to provide us with another technique in providing relevance or understanding of design. This seems to be a little used tool in a landscape architect’s arsenal. I am rather new to using this medium and was wondering if anyone had any advice.

nca
    Participant

I’m not sure if this is exactly what you’re talking about, but I have a fw examples which may be relevant. Personally, I have posted a video in my folio I did several years ago for a student project which I would just consider fun.

Here is another from a Penn student..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inzefF-OJKQ

At work, my boss we are using video clips in conjunction with GPS data to get the feel for a very large site.

Les Ballard
    Participant

Any tool is good and these days can be linked to google earth images and set with appropriate music to inspire, etc. as part of a total brainwashing package. I suppose you can compare it to the before and after photos where, in the after ones, she is smiling, in colour and holding her stomach in while wearing high heels to give better posture. At the same time. folk aren’t daft. So I guess we all need to be consummate professionals in every field of the arts like old time wizards but, mainly, do what you do do well. Use a pro grade camera not a cellphone, for example. Those with fortunes (often the bad guys) will always outdo you though and, in the end, nothing can compare to doing the basic job really well and being passionate about your own ideas – I hope!

Luv n Lite

Les Ballard

Jay Everett
    Participant

ALLEN COMPTON, STUDENT ASLA of CALIFORNIA STATE POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY, POMONA won an ASLA Award in 2005 for Site Unseen

I watched a screening of it at LABASH ’06 and I was impressed. I agree that video is an under-utilized presentation tool.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register