Usefulness of old LARE study guides

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Usefulness of old LARE study guides

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Roland Beinert
    Participant

I found some old LARE study guides from 2006 on Amazon. They are relatively cheap, but I’m wondering if they’re still useful.  It sounds like the recent changes to the test are more format based than content based. Does anyone know how much has the test really changed since 2006?

Tosh K
    Participant

I’m told A=1, B=2 and D questions are in 3&4. Graphic questions aren’t used anymore.  I used the ’05 ppi study guide when I took it (right before the switch) and there were some differences in B(2): no surveying questions, new questions on fire safety planning, playgrounds, and stormwater management.  I’d say the section A portion was 90% relevant, B was 60% and D was about 75% from ’06 to ’11.

Roland Beinert
    Participant

I’ll try and find something newer then. Thanks, Tosh.

Its important to note that the exam is always evolving so what might not seem relevant now may come back and be relevant on a future exam.  It always seems to depend on which way the wind is blowing that year. 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register