Using edible plants in your residential landscape and garden.

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Using edible plants in your residential landscape and garden.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Socorro Gonzalez
    Participant

Planting edible plants in your landscape and garden can produce beautiful foliage and provide edible delights to home owner.

Ben Hale
    Participant

Socorro,

I agree wholeheartedly.  There are many homeowners becoming more interested in producing their own food for many reasons, including for health or just for the novelty.  This is true in suburbia, urban areas, as well as in rural areas.  

I also agree that many edible plants are also very attractive.  It is unfortunate we have bred varieties to be purposefully non-fruit producing and just for their ornamental value, such as the Bradford pear.

Some great attractive edibles in my region (midwest US) include serviceberries (Amelanchier), cherry, edible dogwoods like Cornelian Cherry (Cornus), Elderberry (Sambucus), and even blueberries for their fall foliage.

Socorro Gonzalez
    Participant

Thanks for providing your views regarding this topic.

To know more about landscape and garden design you can visit: Dana pacific Landscape Blog.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register