vegatation at pakistan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    zana
    Participant

hii all im looking for the plant that suitable in pakistan, for planting material

András Béla Oláh
    Participant

In Pakistan??? 🙂 In Pakistan where? So, I’m not joking, but I think Pakistan is great and has several type of landscapes. The northern territories are high mountains good planting here Cedrus deodara and several types of Rhododendron (and lot of other plants which is well known in Europe, for example Prunus avium 🙂 ), the moguls planted huge lines of Populus nigra ‘Italica’ in Kashmir on the edges of the roads.
    Southwards the climate is subtropical. Two main situations can occur here. Humid and arid climate. By arid climate you should use deciduous plants, and by humid you can use mostly evergreens. Main trees are Tectona grandis and Shorea robusta. Tectona grandis is deciduous the Shorea can be evergreen and deciduous also it is the question of the humidity of the local climate. These are huge trees. Smaller are Butea monosperma and Magnifera indica they can be used very well in gardens, although for european people these seems to be also huge by the first sight. So according to me in pakistan is very important to use plants which have great shadows, because there can be 45-50 degrees of celsius in summer (at the end of the arid season).
    When the garden is near to a river or a lake, or the place is simply swampy you can use Ficus benghalica (it must be solitaire), or different types of Eucalyptus (although these are exotas there). Naturally bamboos can be used everywhere.

zana
    Participant

tq very much andras, it more towards the center of pakistan in lahore to more specific, i really appreciated u info, thank you very much once again, can tell me more about it, thank you, how about the shrub?

András Béla Oláh
    Participant

Lahore. Do not use cedrus deodara! 🙂 everything else can go. I was afraid of this question. Shrub. I think all kind of shrubs can live there 🙂 So, Yasminum sp. Myrtus, Rhododendron I have already told. There are so many and I know just a few. Something interesting: there are plants which can live in Europe only for one year. These can be by subtropical climate great shrubs. For example Canna indica and Verbena sp. (although these are not native species). Be careful with shrubs! 🙂 Before you start planning read the original story of Riki-tiki-tavi 🙂

András Béla Oláh
    Participant

Ohhh I just see now that you live in a tropical place 🙂 I spoke just as you live somewhere Europe 🙂
    So the questions now is that which is that few shrubs of those which you can use in your home city is not good in Lahore. And when they get water every day in the arid season too, most of tropical shrubs can be used.
    Will be there walls on the edge of the garden?

zana
    Participant

haahha , thank you, there will wall, haha thank you very much

András Béla Oláh
    Participant

Are you laughing at Riki-tiki-tavi?
    Another thing came into my mind, in the old India gardeners liked to plant those shrubs and plants which flowers is liked by butterflies (for example Buddleia davidii). I think it is worth to read the building and planting story of the Viceroy’s Garden New-Delhi. Although in Lahore may be preferred the islamic motives. So may be Hibiscus syriacus, Punica Granatum. Most of the gardens of India are built by mughals and they were muslims, but the plants are not origin only the buildings. That is why I recommend you the Viceroy’s Garden. Its designers spent many time with learning the plants which can be used in that circumstances.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register