Virtual Building project?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Wyatt Thompson, PLA
    Participant

Has anyone ever heard of or worked on a “virtual building project?” 

A client gave me this description: “Create buildings that are ready for development and marketed nationally. A suitable site is located and a site plan is prepared for the proposed building. The actual building is not constructed, but the plans for the shell industrial building are drawn and processed for entitlements and approvals with local governmental agencies. Once a company has been identified, the construction is rapidly commenced and the building is completed to the company’s specifications.”

It seems like a pretty straight-forward building/site planning project for a build-to-suit client, but I want to make sure there’s not something I’m missing. I’ve never heard the term “virtual” applied this way. I’d appreciate any feedback from people who are familiar with the process.

toby
    Participant

It’s one of those ‘will build to suit’ developer things.  They show a pretty pic on the RE billboard: a building that has been tentatively approved of by the city building dept. 

The outside is completed to meet the code requirements (FARs, setbacks, access, parking, mechanical, utility, landscape, etc.), while the non load bearing interior walls are constructed according the buyer/leasor needs.  They do this to reduce approval times and speed up the ROI.

Wyatt Thompson, PLA
    Participant

Thank you, Toby. This is what I was thinking it was also. I appreciate the reply and confirmation.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register