Visiting firms when you’re not looking for a job

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Visiting firms when you’re not looking for a job

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Heather Smith
    Participant

What work have you done? Just wondering in case we have more work…if we get a couple more jobs we are going to be looking for another person. Should add…we are design/build…so landscaping.

Roland Beinert
    Participant

My first job after I got my bachelors degree was with a design/build firm in Reno, actually. Then I worked for a design firm in Boise for a little while before I went back to college.

Roland Beinert
    Participant

Does anyone here know someone I could contact at Mithun in Seattle?

Tosh K
    Participant

HR or someone specific?  I think I’ve got the info somewhere.  They’re a fun office from what I gather, and busy.

Roland Beinert
    Participant

Either one, I guess. I could just send an e-mail to their generic address, but I might get a better response from a real person.
    I was looking at their website, and they do seem like a fun office.

Alessandro
    Participant

That sounds strange for me, in Italy it is not used to ask to visit a firm if you are not looking for a job!

Roland Beinert
    Participant

I guess the title of this discussion is wrong. This is more like the preliminary stage of looking for a job. I want to get an idea of what different firms in Seattle and Portland are like. It takes the pressure off them if they know I don’t expect them to hand me a job right away, and hopefully they will remember me if they do want to hire someone.

Roland Beinert
    Participant

Brian,

I’d like to go to Seattle on Friday, July 8 or Monday, July 11. Could I visit NBBJ then?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register