We Need Some New Blood!

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Douglas M. Rooney
    Participant

I was an organizer for PARK(ing)Day in San Francisco in 2009. Myself and a group of  other unemployed design professionals, designed, constructed, and operated a 3 hole miniature golf course for the day. It was a lot of fun and kept us busy during a very difficult year. I even managed to make it onto Weekend Edition on NPR for my 8 seconds of fame!

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=113005527

Steve Mercer
    Participant

Hi Terry,

My point is that you can become over qualified.  Many employers will not hire you if you are overqualified for a position.  They feel like you will stick around until you find something better.  So unless you are going into research or a goverment position that requires a higher degree or you plan on teaching,  arbitrarily making a decision to go back to school for a higher degree may make you less marketable and just put you deeper in debt.  If those are your goals then best wishes…

s.

Terry Naranjo
    Participant
    Steve Mercer
    Participant

And in this economy… what makes you think that getting a higher degree will have ANY bearing on getting a job?  It will certainly put you deeper in debt!

s.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register