What do you think of my portfolio cover?

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums PORTFOLIO & RESUME What do you think of my portfolio cover?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    jennifer Bloch
    Participant

personally – i think you can lose the word portfolio. I think all that it requires is your name, date and course of study – the text should be small in my opinion

Mike Metevier
    Participant

Very nice.

Rob Halpern
    Participant

I certainly appreciate Ms. Bloch’s point.

I have been very fortunate in my career to always have great doors open to me… almost without my even thinking about it. But in the current environment (which will not apparently change for landscape architects for some years), a new graduate must ask himself what “following his dream” is worth to him. If it is worth pretty much everything, then yes, chart your own course. If financial stability and the promise of one day owning Things and Retiring is more important, then no, don’t chart your own course. The stakes can be high and you cannot know today what will be the “best” approach. But you can think about where you want to go and, as Ms. Bloch asked

What kind of firm do you want to work for?

and make your best decision accordingly, having accepted that you may pay a price for it. (And often, that price is very worth it indeed!) Depends on what Lukas wants…

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register