What type of ornamental grass will do in this design?

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums PLANTS & HORTICULTURE What type of ornamental grass will do in this design?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tim Zhang
    Participant

This small project for a friend is currently being implemented, initially I intended to use mondo grass for the meadow area to the right side of the image, however, is there a drought tolerant alternative to it that looks similar to the area in the image? I looked at Carex but they are too “dead looking” for the client. They’d prefer a grass that is sold in flats to cut down cost, however it doesn’t have to be. The project is in San Bernardino area. Much thanks.

Tim Zhang
    Participant

Here’s the plan if it helps.

Wes Arola, RLA
    Participant

irrigated Carex praegracilis would work. If it is irrigated a bit it wont look ratty.

baink
    Participant

mondo grass not suitable from my view..did u see zoyssia japonica??..or you try to integrate plant in the right sight making it more live

Bob Luther
    Participant

for a medow area you should look into a mix of grasses. for a mono-crop planting (single species) blue fescue (more architectural look) or mexican feather grass (wild meadow look) then to mix it up you could add some muhlenbergia (deergrass) for some size and variation.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register