What’s Next for Landscape Architecture?

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums ANNOUNCEMENTS What’s Next for Landscape Architecture?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Goustan BODIN
    Participant

I saw some videos on Youtube proving there were giants pyramids in the center of China, one of them with an emerald top. They have been built by a renegade dynasty of emperors that were working on the secret of immortality. Some old aerial pictures still exist, but the recent pictures and proofs have been erased. They even doctored images on google earth and erased them in more recent versions. They even sent bulldozers to flatten them pyramids out a bit, planted trees around the sites, and there are signs forbidding approach as of today.

It’s all true.

Roland Beinert
    Participant

I suppose if you completely reject all urbanization, you kind of have to reject the idea of global warming to justify all the car use needed for everyone to live in rural areas.

While I don’t agree with SS27 about global warming, or that urbanization is inherently bad (plenty of people choose to live in cities), I do think landscape architects should be more involved with urban planning. We need more small parks and open spaces spread more evenly throughout the city (rather than only having large chunks of open space in a few wealthier areas). We need better streetscapes. If more people are living in cities, we should be playing a part in making cities nicer places to live.

Rob Halpern
    Participant

With a world human population exceeding 7million and headed to 9milion (if you can believe those scientists) one wonders how de-urbanization can be possible.

SS27
    Participant

Apart from war or an epidemic that wipes out a large chunk of the population, I can’t see any way back from where we are. We could potentially work from the inside out, which is where I think LA should be doing its business, but it would also take a massive culture shift too I think.. and I can’t see people giving up their gizmo’s and useless junk any time soon.

Most likely scenario is even more people being packed and stacked into cities. Those little cubicle rooms they have in Japan could be coming to a city near you.

Goustan BODIN
    Participant

plenty of the most obvious solutions to tasteless inefficient urban sprawl can be found here :

when is it ok to fail ?

I like the way the author brings the right questions into the wrong demands.

ida
    Participant

What do you think of Charles Keeling and the Keeling Curve?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register