Which version of Photoshop to buy

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums TECHNOLOGY Which version of Photoshop to buy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Bill Kisich
    Participant

While loading software onto my new comp I realized my old Photoshop disc is missing. It’s a very old version anyway.

There are so many versions now, any suggestions? Since I’m spending my own money, I’d like to buy a version that I can grow into, if you know what I mean. I haven’t stepped off into the 3D abyss yet, but I’d like to have the option of spending countless hours learning. It looks like this might be a good year to experiment anyway.

Thanks in advance,
    Dinosaur Bill

Vance W. Hall
    Participant

Bill,
    Your always best just getting the entire Creative Suite. This will allow you to cross pollenate in mixed media formats with better overall control on your projects. It will also allow you to have PLENTY of room to grow and, or update in the future. Good luck to you and push through to the 3D realm. I recommend the free trial of Sketch UP available online. It is a another great tool in the field.

Regards,

Vance Hall

Ryland Fox
    Participant

CS4 is out so just go with that.

Avantgardner
    Participant

if you want to save money get CS3 and upgrade later no life altering changes in CS4. Oh and I would second the recommendation on sketchup looooove that program

Bill Kisich
    Participant

I hate open ended threads… Thankfully, I’ve been really busy. I decided to go with Vance’s advice (Thanks Vance), I bought the suite. I’ve barely had a chance to look at it yet. My wife said, “Oh no, another new program”. She knows me. 🙂 Sketchup is next. 😉

Thank everyone for the recommendations,
    Bill

Vance W. Hall
    Participant

Glad to hear it. Enjoy

Vance

Joshua K
    Participant

30 day demo on adobe.com. The 3d import is really cool since you can drop in, rotate, and paint an model is a large number of formats. It wouldn’t make sense to save it as a model since you can’t edit the model from Photoshop, but I imagine there is a way to save your textures (the painting seems to work like Zbrush).

PS CS4 Extended also has some really cool image capablities such as measuring, counting, and smart stretch/scaling (for example you can widen a landscape without stretching people that are in the image).

the basic creative suites costs the same as 2-3 apps, so if you intend on branching out at all, it is worth the investment

Andrew Spiering
    Participant

If you are still in the market to buy a photoshop suite, Studica has great deals for students, teachers, and schools. Check their prices out here

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register