Who deserves jobs?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    steve phillips
    Participant

Craig,

How about this? Since we do not know who our government is or what it is doing. How about a new reality show, like “Hell’s Kitchen”? This way, you get to know your politician’s name, what he or she is supposed to do, etc., and vote them on or off, based on performance? Again, just a thought….

marty
    Participant

16 openings NATIONWIDE. yessss!

marty
    Participant

tOO

David Farber
    Participant

You need connections with firms. Following a path that literally hundreds are taking wont get you to your goal.

Jim Del Carpio
    Participant

Dude,

Who fed you this pack of sh%*, Small(S) Corporations and LLC make up the most of our industry, it’s not taxed nearly as high as you say. What expensive is Healthcare, insurance, Really tom you’ve been fed a lot of Tea lately.

Jim Del Carpio
    Participant

your analysis is a joke, get of Fox News & company and look elsewhere. The rich are getting richer and they want to keep it just the way it is, Healthcare, Insurance companies are fighting tooth and nail to make everyone eligible for healthcare, why because it will drive the cost down if everyone is covered.
    To get back to this discussion, Who deserves jobs is the most qualified and experienced, and yes that mostly means the baby boomer 40′-50’s.

Jim Del Carpio
    Participant

What do you consider fast approaching retirement age. You may not have notice but it has cropped up cropped up to 70 years. I’ve seen it with my parents and their generation, working past the the normal retirement age of 65 years.. So, anyone who is qualified and experienced ought to be considered first and foremost.

Claudia Chalfa
    Participant

I agree with you about there being too many graduates. I think that those who have families to support deserve jobs. I am lucky, I have a job…albeit as a planner. But if I had to choose who to hire, I’d choose someone with a family over a single, young graduate fresh out of school. They can work in other jobs for a year or so, it won’t kill them. Maybe they can even get a job in a nursery, or as a planner, or some other related profession which will give them great experience when they do get that job with a firm.

Just my opinion.

Rob Halpern
    Participant

Claudia,

Why does someone who decided to have a family “deserve” more support from an employer or Society than someone who did not? I can see that they have larger financial requirements, but that was their decision for their life. Why would an employer make decisions based on that? In fact, why would Society? Why is their family a more deserving Need than their love of gambling or philanthropy? Should individuals who do lots of Charity work get more time off?
    This makes no sense to me.

Trace One
    Participant

Agree with Rob wholeheartedly..90 million humans are added to the earth every year – with a conservative estimate – it goes up to 160 million a year in the nineties, late nineties..
    In La Jolla, Ca., there is one tiny beach where they won’t allow a few hundred of the 40,000 harbor seals along the Ca. coast establish a rookery – they need to make room fof the humans to have ALL the coastline..
    People who have families should be penalized..
    only partially kidding..
    I think if you want a kid, you should adopt a kid..Have a kid, adopt a kid ..there are 100 million orphans out there, growing up in poverty and deprivation..
    Personally, if I could have an orca or a river dolphin, instead of a human baby, that is the direction I would go in…

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think there is nothing wrong with families, kind of keeps the economy going. Families are also
    great stabilizers in society. Single-males tend to engage in very risky-behavior while marriage tends to calm men down. Families tend to create good citizens as well. I am liberal in most cases, but the institution of marriage and family are where I am a cheerleader for. Anyways, educating women tends to reduce birthrates.

Rob Halpern
    Participant

The notion that families are good because they keep the economy going is too hilarious to ignore, Ashish. I thought the point was for things to be the other way around. I trust you were joking

But continuous and endless population growth, like continuous and endless development is simply unsustainable and therefore a questionable economic value. If that’s the best approach possible to economic health then we better crawl back into the ocean now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m sorry but I have to back Ashish up on this one. I agree single men do tend to engage in risky behavior; especially young ones. Just check on auto insurance rates for single men between 18-25 years of age. Who is most likely to go to prison? Who are the best candidates to march off to war to kill people? Of course there are exceptions, but young men do a lot of dangerous/“not so smart” things and they’re usually done to impress young women. I guess it’s from all the testosterone and peer pressure.

I believe a man that has someone he loves and wants to build a future with would think twice about engaging in risky behavior regardless of weather it’s a man or a woman waiting at home for him. It could be because you have someone else to answer to and their feelings to consider.

Personally I am thankful I survived my younger years. Maybe you have to be a man to understand the curse. It took years and a wonderful wife to mellow me out. I used to do the dumbest things and I didn’t understand what compelled me to do them. You might not like it, but you can’t ignore certain tendencies.

Besides I find your post very aggressive and mean spirited. Relax and take a deep breath. You shouldn’t let a post from someone you don’t know make blow a gasket.

Anonymous
    Inactive

No problem. The key word you used was “tend”.

Anonymous
    Inactive

CORRECTION:
    You shouldn’t let a post from somone you don’t know make YOU blow a gasket.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register