Who’s using a Cintiq?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    nca
    Participant

Anyone using a Cintiq for design drawing, conceptual work? Did it change your life? Any glitches or other issues you are running into?

I have been a long time Intuos user and just got a new intuous touch last fall and of course love it, but I have been pondering a cintiq 24hd as a potential replacement for the typical scanner/printer, trace process. Of course I’ll probably always carry a sketchbook, but I have been doing almost all of my conceptual work digitally over the last couple years and thinking the cintiq might be the next ‘industry standard’ sort of liek chartpaks in the 80’s…thoughts?

nca
    Participant

FYI– I did own a cintiq 12wx and hated it for myriad reasons, one of which was the lag between pen and screen when doing things like hatching, the small amount of offset between pen and graphic due to glass thickness, the dull colors on the cintiq vs screen and just the small screen size/resolution. Also it was a pain because I often switch between cad, photoshop, 3d program a number of times in the course of an hour and with the 12wx I had to keep changing screen resolutions, etc, etc…rel pain if you are not working in pshop for hours on end.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register