Adobe CS3/CS4

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jason Benson
    Participant

Hey all,
    Just wondering if anyone had a way of getting Photoshop and Illustrator for a Macbook Pro with out breaking my bank account. Sorry if this offend anyone but im on a in college and money is sparse. Thanks

i think if you buy the students addition, you should be fine. i have it and i spent about 220. it’s not that bad and i have been using it since.

Andrew Spiering
    Participant

Hey Jason,

Adobe has student additions that are discounted 80%… you can get Photoshop for $199 or the entire Design Suite for $399. See here.

bak
    Participant

I’m in the same boat as you Jason, and I just picked up CS4 Design Pro and it’s great. Was 395 with shipping from studica.com . Haven’t looked back, it’s been very useful.

Andrew Spiering
    Participant

Was the process simple?

Jason Turner
    Participant

There is freeware version called Gimp which I use on my Mac. It’s ok – worth what you pay for it. I am not that good with image editing software, so I wouldn’t really know just how good or bad it is, but I can do just about anything I need to do on it. Its fairly much like Photoshop, if not quite as slick.

http://www.gimp.org/macintosh/

Paul Deering
    Participant

On a related subject, I’ll pass along that there is a straightforward way to move AutoCAD files to Photoshop. You probabably know that AutoCAD doesn’t provide a “save as” or “export” to Photoshop (probably intentionally because they want you to use their own products for rendering). An inexpensive program “Bluebeam” acts as a printer from AutoCAD and produces Photoshop files (you set the resolution). It does so reliably so that you can “print” different layers of line work from your AutoCAD drawing making coloring in Photoshop easier.

bak
    Participant

Totally straightforward. Once the software shows up you go through a website where you shoot info to adobe proving you’re a student and they send back a serial number for the software. I was up and running within half a day once I got the package.

Kerri A
    Participant

Hang on to that thought. It’s not so straightforward and simple if you need to swap the software to a different computer. Have this in mind and install it where you think it will be parked the longest-ka

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register