AIA CAD Standards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Spiering
    Participant

Hi there!

I am looking for a list of the AIA CAD Standards layer names.  Does anyone have a .las file that they’d be willing to share?

Thanks!
    Andrew 

Lubima
    Participant
    Andrew Spiering
    Participant

Thanks! The found the AIA CAD Standards that Harvard has adopted very helpful. I have attached them if anyone else is interested…

Thanks again!

Ray Freeman
    Participant

Blaugh!

Those Hahvahd line weight pen settings are a mess! I much prefer a system that has some logic behind it!

For layers 1-7 we use 0.1, 0.2, 0.25, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5, 0.6. However, I think we use mms. Some people use the same pen weights as rapidograph pens (am I dating myself?). To be honest, I’ve gotten used to our system so much I rarely refer to the charts except for higher numbered layers. Everyone needs some screened lines, and you need a 0.05 and at least one 0.03 as well. We also have a few super thick lines.

The layer names system is very similar to what most firms use, but notice that their standards don’t begin to address the complexity of most site drawings.

Andrew Spiering
    Participant

Ha! You make me laugh, Ray. : )

I like the straight forward approach to line weights, as well. That is using colors 1-7 with 1 being the lightest. If you need grey tones, then using 8-12 (I think). I was most curious about the layer names. As you point out, our drawings tend to be more complex than a set of standard layer names. Do you have a .las file that you are willing to share?

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register