Am I eligible to take the LARE and NJ Test

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Am I eligible to take the LARE and NJ Test

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Michael Habeck
    Participant

I’ve been trying to figure out if i am eligible to take my test in NJ for LA. I graduate from Rutgers in 2005 and iv’e been working full time under a LA. I’ve heard somethings like i need 4 yrs under a LA then i read that i only need 2 yrs. and then another 2yrs in the practice of LA. I’ve tried to call the state several times and no one has got back to me, i also wrote emails and no responce. Also if the 2yrs and 2 yrs is true what exactly practice of landscape architecture mean if your not required to work under one. Hope this makes sence, i wrote it quick, Any info on the exacts would be greatly appreciate.

Well I am not from New Jersey so I can’t speak to the specifics of your state. However, you should read the eligibility requirements as listed on the CLARB website. If you have a degree in Landscape Architecture from Rutgers and the program is LAAC accredited you are eligible to sit for Sections A, B and D of the exam. In a lot of states you can sit for the exam prior to having the necessary experience under your belt you just can’t get the actualy registration until you have satisfied the required probationary period of practicing under a Licensed LA. If I were you I would apply and take the multiple choice sections to get those out of the way. I would also suggest you start preparing for the graphic portions as well. Not everyone passes the first time, if you do great, but if you dont you will still keep working and hopefully by the time you complete your exam you will have fulfilled the work requirements too. Good Luck.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register