Any body knows where are the best places to travel?

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Any body knows where are the best places to travel?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Mike Lin
    Participant

I have traveled a lot of places in the world, but still have many places in my mind that I will find time to visit.  Would some of you kind enough to share places you have been and strongly recommended?  Thanks.

Trevor Ehlers
    Participant

Hi Mike,

Here are some of my favorites that I been very fortunate to have had the opportunity to travel to:

Nepal.  Pretty amazing place and the people there are so friendly.  The Himalayas are giant and the sheer scale of them it out of this world.   It is amazing how many places there are just within that country to go-trekking there is outstanding.  And a great way to wrap it up if you can is to go to Thailand also if you have the time.  

Ankgor Wat temples in Cambodia are absolutely incredible.  I still have so many places I want to explore over there.

Some of my other favorite countries are: Italy, Spain, Chile, Peru (Cusco and Machu Pichu), Hungary (Budapest) and the Czech Republic (Prague and Czesky Krumlov). For Mexico I would say check out Sayulita just north of Puerto Vallarta-its been long discovered but I still would recommend it also Chichen Itza down in the Yucatan. 

Here in the US so many great areas! Come check out southwest Colorado-Durango, Telluride and Ouray as well as a quick trip to Canyonlands and SE Utah.  A great road trip I just did last spring was to Sedona AZ from here in Durango stopped and camped for free at Valley of the Gods and then drove down through Monument Valley to camp at the Grand Canyon then driving down Oak Creek Canyon from Flagstaff to Sedona.  Amazing landscapes that are uniquely the American West…What a wonderful world!  I can’t decide which I like the best…

Neive Tierney
    Participant

Have you been to Brazil? I spent almost 6 months there last year and completely fell in love with the country. I spent a lot of time in the northeast. It is far from the exciting hustle bustle of Rio and Sao Paulo, but it is such a special, exotic place. Beautiful beaches, fantastic music, and really interesting warm people. If you want more information about Brazil I will be happy to write you and let you know about my favorite places I visited.

Also if you want a cheaper tropical beach experience the Caribbean coast of Colombia is just gorgeous. Tickets to Bogota are not too expensive and domestic flights within Colombia are really cheap, like $50. Cartegena is a really fun city and to the east is Tyrona National Park which is stunning.

Jacob E. Rohde
    Participant

Mike,

Two of my very favorite places that I have had the opportunity to visit have been Africa (Tanzania, Zanzabar, Serengeti) and most recently Bali. 

In 2008, my aunt and uncle were living in Tanzania for work and my mother and I went to visit.  We went on two safaris, one through the Serengeti and another through Selous.  They were both amazing!! The Serengeti was a land wildlife safari and the Selous was a water wildlife safari.  Message me and I can share some of my pictures and stories.

Earlier this year my wife and I went to Bali and stayed at a place called Maya Ubud in Ubud.  It was up in the hills and not along the coast where most tourists stay.  Again, another amazing place and trip. The landscapes were unbelieveable and the art work and craftsmanship are not to be topped.

Both places had fantastic food and the people were super nice.

I attached a couple of my favorite photos of these two places, I have hundreds more…

Good Luck,

Jake

This guy just stopped by our camp to see what we were all about, and this little one was having a snack before we interupted.

Just a dozen or so lions napping as we pull up

The view from our hotel room in Ubud and the rice fields farmed by the local people

Trace One
    Participant

Greece, the greek islands, (Hydra has no cars, it is gorgeous!) and Beirut, best weather in the world, packed with antiquities as well as night life – the cradle of civilization!

Mike Lin
    Participant

Hi Trevor, 

Thanks for taking time to suggest so many places to go.  I will try to make before I sit on wheel chair someday.  If you like, I am featuring a place of the week on my web site at http://www.beloose.com and wonder if you like to contribute some articles on places you have been.  Let me know.

Mike Lin
    Participant

I would love to visit Brazil someday.  I have had a few invitations to visit Rio and San Paulo, but didn’t try hard to go, may be I should.  Someday I will feature Brazil on my web site under Place of the Week and may be you can contribute an article about Brazil.  Thanks.

Mike Lin
    Participant

Sound so good.  Indeed I will visit Africa and Bali someday in the near future.  Thanks for taking time to post so many pictures.  I love them.  Keep in touch.

Mike Lin
    Participant

Good place sounds like.  I will study it and see it will be on my list next year.  Thanks.

Neive Tierney
    Participant

Sounds great!

Mike Lin
    Participant

If you like to contribute an article on Brazil, please do and send it to my e-mail at mike@beloose.com with some pictures attached.  Then I will put that on our home page (http://www.beloose.com) with your name.  I am excited and looking forward to your article at your convenience

John M. Slinski
    Participant

New  Zealand

Jon Quackenbush
    Participant

Chupacabra
    Participant

My favorite places have been Cambodia, Nicaragua, and Micronesia.

I would love to travel overland from Turkey to Morocco.  And Ethiopia and Eritrea are on my bucket list.

Barbara Peterson
    Participant

Northern Germany: most Americans travel to southern Germany to see the castles and mountains but they miss out on the beautiful beaches and forests of the north.  The Schleswig-Holstein area is really nice. I’d recommend a B&B off the beach promanade…perhaps farther ‘in town’ (pick one of the small towns along the beach). I haven’t been to the North Sea coast (but have seen really nice pics) but have stayed numerous times on the Baltic on the east – the Lubecker Bucht. And if you are there in early spring (say May-ish), you may see the canola fields in bloom in the fields outside of Lubeck: they are the most yellow ‘yellow’ that you have ever seen…almost neon – very beautiful.  Also, lots of historic towns and places to visit and great forests.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register