Are you hiring?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Spiering
    Participant

It is a new year and the word on the street is that the economy will improve in 2010. If you are hiring now, or, plan on hiring soon, head over to Land8.net and create your firm profile. Your first 3 job listings for free! See below for more info…

Firms are given a public profile where they can manage and:

* Publish projects
    * Post job listings
    * Search for new talent
    * Follow top candidates
    Get Started Here

Individuals seeking employment are able to:
    * Build a professional profile
    * Upload a resume/portfolio
    * Research firms and projects
    * Apply for jobs online
    Sign in here with your Land8 Lounge username and password.

Happy Hiring!

nca
    Participant

The general concensus is optimistic here in denver/northern colorado as well for the most part.

Andrew Spiering
    Participant

Likewise here in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Zach Watson
    Participant

I went and talked to a firm here in the Phoenix area and one of the two owners said he was not ready to hire yet but things here were also looking better.

Doug Prouty
    Participant

To my knowledge things here in Phoenix haven’t picked up enough to bring on more staff. Most places are barely squeaking by and are choosing to bring on any new employees on a contract basis only. I know of many offices that are down to the principals/ directors and even they wonder how things will turn out. Projects are coming in but not as fast as we’d like. Firms that are national or international have had a better ride through the storm but even they’ve unfortunately had to reduce staff.

If going back to school to get a master’s degree of PHD is an option, I’d go for it. It never hurts and it does open up more opportunities, especially in the teaching sector.

The word on the street here is maybe the second quarter of this year is when things will pick up. Let’s hope that’s true!

Andrew Spiering
    Participant

Hey, we just got two new job listings over on Land8.net! Check them out here – http://www.land8.net/job_listing.php

nca
    Participant

Well, maybe a few did and most of them are not around anymore to tell us how bad it really was. I’m doing my part, actually putting money INTO my savings account for the first time in over 6 months. I think the tide is shifting, though I doubt we’re looking at a v-shaped recovery, maybe more like a ‘U’…but hopefully not a ‘W’ or worse, an ‘M.’

Wes Arola, RLA
    Participant

I picked up an entry level position in October. Stay hopeful, and perseverance is a MUST. I had been searching since the beginning of 09 with a very strong entry level portfolio and resume with a degree from one of the best schools on the west coast.

Claudia Chalfa
    Participant

I managed to find a planning job, and although I am not getting my experience requirements right now for the LARE (because I am not working under a licensed LA) I am still getting great experience with regards to the permitting process, not to mention dealing with people under stressful situations. I had to sell myself a little bit at first, as they didn’t realize how much similarity there is between landscape architecture and planning, but now they are letting me do a greenway plan for the city. I am also patiently educating people every day that we do a lot more than landscaping.

Jennifer de Graaf
    Participant

I hope you’re right! I haven’t heard much different from 2009, but am hopeful that this is the year.

Zach Watson
    Participant

The company that I talked to isn’t flourishing by any means at the moment, but the principle that I talked to said that the future was looking a little brighter than it had been in the past that is why I said that things here in PHX are starting to look better.

Andrew Spiering
    Participant

Nicely done! It looks like your firm has a lot of sports facilities and parks under their belt.

Andrew Spiering
    Participant

Nice! Good to know we have someone working on the “inside”… : )

David Michael Diaz
    Participant

What about Atlanta? I have been relentlesly looking since September ’08. The most frustrating thing about the search is that few of the employers respond to your inquiries. I understand there are many people applying, but I would much rather they say the job is filled than just use the “Don’t call us, we’ll call you ” approach. I’ll have to admit, once we do pull out of this downturn, I will not forget the companies who had the courtesy to give me a professional response. I will also not forget the ones who did not.

nca
    Participant

I also keep my folio ‘friends only’ now. I’ve gotten myself in some trouble in the past regarding sharing (too much) information via a public forum. Land8 googles very well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register