Bali style

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mark foster
    Participant

Can anyone suggest reference material for gardens and garden structures in Bali?  I have clients who want to build a courtyard in that style.  Thanks!

mark foster
    Participant

Great one!….Yeah, my job is to gleen the appropriate elements of the style which will honestly translate to here, and avoid an out of context abomination.  Fortunately the clients are well aware of the difference between the two..

Thanks for the quote–I will definately be using it.. It reminds of a conversation I had years ago with a client who “wanted a Japanese garden”–and he really did.  He had a library full of garden design books-most in Japanese, and he wanted a garden down to every last detail. He was ready to ship materials over from Japan (even the stones!)… At the end of a very long first meeting,  I told him I could design and help him build a garden according to Japanese principles, but that I didn’t think an exact copy would be appropriate, nor was I nearly Japanese enough.  He paused, and with a gleem in his eyes said “So, what you are saying is, we can build a Japaneesy garden?”  Ha!  So, we did.

jennifer Bloch
    Participant
    mark foster
    Participant

Thanks Jennifer. 

jennifer Bloch
    Participant

mark – I randomly came upon this today:  http://www.summerwood.com/products/gazebos/bali-tea-house.html

jennifer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register