Concrete Pedestrian Pier Details

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Eric Galvin
    Participant

Hello all, i am currently working on a concrete pedestrian pier. Its for a big fancy bank and they want to go all out and do a concrete pier with nice brick paving on top etc. It is aproximately 30’x 35′, and about 10′ above the water (lake) line. Basically im looking for any advice or links to resources that would help me do the preliminary designs for the pier. (details like how thick the conc should be, what type of piles to use, spacing of the piles.. that kinda stuff). The work will eventually be done design/build, but i would like to go into it knowing a little more than i do now (nothing). Any links or thoughts on details would be greatly appreciated – Thanks in advance – Eric 

Jason T. Radice
    Participant

My advice would be to not even attempt it without the direct input of a structural engineer who has worked with piers before. They would know best the types of soils under the lake as to what kind of piers you can use, as well , the spacing. The depth of the slab is directly related to the distance between piers. Also, keep in mind a budget, as there are many ways to build this (all concrete, steel structure/concrete slab, wood piers w/steel and so forth)

Eric Galvin
    Participant

All makes sense. Ill just do an “interpretive” type section of what we are looking for, concentrating my details only on the paving and railings etc. Then send it on to a structural eng to get things right. Appreciate the advice – Eric

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register