Did anyone apply to graduate school for this fall?

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums EDUCATION Did anyone apply to graduate school for this fall?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Miller
    Participant

I was just wondering if anyone out there was using this shaky economy as a motivator to apply for graduate school? If so, what schools have you applied for and what programs?

Gene Stratton
    Participant

Hi Daniel,
    I did apply to grad school this year, but have been planning this from before the economic implosion. It’s looks as though I’m going to have to put off grad school for at least another year because of it. I applyed to UT(Austin) and UF( Gainesville) and just for fun I applied to Harvard. I’m trying to switch carreers and need to plan on giving up my income for 3 and half years. That’s hard to pull off.
    Best,
    Gene

Kate Lynch
    Participant

I applied to school in the UK but everytime I get on this forum I am disheartened about the conversation about lack of jobs in the field and even people questioning the viability of LA and its future. Setting that negativity aside, I am still planning on attending school overseas and hoping that the economic climate will improve. Even if it doesnt i will be relying on my tenacity and genuine trust that there is a good job out there waiting for me to fill it! I guess only time will tell. I am currently in a field not related to LA or env. science (my undergrad degree) so I am really eager to get back on track. I’m just trying to follow my dreams and plow through the economic downturn.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register