How Can Landscape Lighting Benefit You and Your Clients

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION How Can Landscape Lighting Benefit You and Your Clients

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ken
    Participant

I thought I would share some thoughts about how good landscape lighting can benefit a person’s life. For most, the winter time presents long dark days and separates us from those beautiful summer colours in our outdoor world. We wake up to darkness and leave to venture into the busy world, only to return to our cold dark gardens at the end of the day. Landscape lighting should allow you to reconnect to those wonderful gardens whether you are out in them or simply looking through a window at the garden from within a warm cozy room. This will allow you to see the bones of the garden which you have invested your time and money to develop.

Landscape lighting in the summer should allow you to enjoy those investments such as barbecuing, hosting cocktail parties or simply enjoying the beauty of your surroundings doing the activities you love to do.

Function, aesthetics and composition are all important parts of good landscape lighting.

I will leave you a couple of pictures to enjoy and I will continue this little blog later to expand on how exactly functionality, aesthetics and composition create beautiful landscape lighting.

Ken Martin

April Prey
    Participant

I look forward to more discussion on this subject.  In the ever-gray Pacific NW – lighting can be used to great effect nearly 24/7 from OCT-MARCH.  I volunteer with a group restoring a historic cemetery, where the forgotten souls of an old asylum for the insane are buried. Been mulling over ways to give each grave site “a point of light” in a way that is doable and affordable for a non-profit with limited funds.  Like a blanket of stars on the ground.

Great idea!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register