How to gain experience in CEQA or NEPA?

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE How to gain experience in CEQA or NEPA?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Organic
    Participant

I have been practicing landscape architecture over eight years, focused on design, and now would like to shift my career focus towards environmental planning. All environmental planning jobs now require one to have experience with CEQA or NEPA, or require one to have environmental engineering/ natural resources background to enter. Landscape architecture and environmental planning used to be one discipline.

How does a landscape architect obtain experience in CEQA or NEPA now without going back to school? Thank you.

Mark Sanford
    Participant

i have been wondering this same questions? did you ever get an answer? and even just certification programs in NEPA cost around 5500 bucks, and I can only find two locations that support it, that is duke and Utah state… And it looks as though both those certificate programs are mainly geared towards people that have some experience in it………. What have you found out.. Any information would be highly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Tanya Olson
    Participant

A great way to learn about this kind of permitting / regulation is through non-profit orgs – the sierra club, non profit public interest research groups (they often focus on environmental issues and are usually named by the state they are in plus PIRG, as in MNPIRG for Minnesota), restoration groups, etc.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register