Intangible Landscapes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Liana Muller
    Participant

I’m doing a study on Intangible Landscapes – the stories and memories connected to landscape. I’m presently looking at how to access these intangibles by applying anthropological fieldwork methods (interviews, participant obeservation, mnemotechnics). However, in due course I want to apply these findings to practical design guidelines – how do we approach design within a landscape that embodies intangible aspects such as specific memories related to an event – without reverting to monuments.

Has anyone read anything interesting relating to these aspects recently? Any thoughts on the subjects?

Ellen Fetzer
    Participant

Dear Liana,

you may have a look at our Berlin-Ankara weblog, its already a few years old, but we have tried to capture people’s relations to urban landscapes by doing interviews with them. These have been published on the weblog and there is also a short movie about the journey.

Greetings

Ellen

Ryland Fox
    Participant

Look up Anti-Memorials and Sue Anne Ware. Her design for a project for people who died from heroin overdoses is good.

Liana Muller
    Participant

thank you! the work is fascinating – I’ll spend some more time on the website.
    **L

Ellen Fetzer said:

Dear Liana,

you may have a look at our Berlin-Ankara weblog, its already a few years old, but we have tried to capture people’s relations to urban landscapes by doing interviews with them. These have been published on the weblog and there is also a short movie about the journey.

Greetings

Ellen

Liana Muller
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll do so! I love this website – it really opens up possibilities.
    L**

RFox said:

Look up Anti-Memorials and Sue Anne Ware. Her design for a project for people who died from heroin overdoses is good.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register