Intensive LARE E or C Review in the Upper Midwest?

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE Intensive LARE E or C Review in the Upper Midwest?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ray Freeman
    Participant

I am giving strong consideration to organizing an intensive Section E and /or C workshop (3 days per section) in the upper midwest this spring. The location would be within a one hour drive of Chicago. I’d like to get a sense of how many people would attend such a workshop.

The likely first choice would be a section E class beginning on Friday and running thru Sunday.

Another possibility would be to run a three day class beginning thursday and end saturday, take sunday off, then run another 3 day class for the other section on Mon-Wed. This would be pretty brutal.

The third option is same as the first, but with a section C class instead.

For arguments sake, let’s say the cost of each class was $375-$400. How many of you would attend?

Please respond via e-mail to rayfreeman3@comcast.net

Thanks Ray

Susan G. Anderson
    Participant

Mildly interested, what location outside of Chicago? I’d rather do an intensive webinar to avoid the travel costs.

Jeff Torrens
    Participant

This is a great opportunity for those of you in the midwest.  If I were still testing, I’d jump at this one.  I took Ray’s Webinar’s for A, B and D when I was taking the exams in 2010 and 2011 in Illinois.  It worked well for the multiple choice sections of the exam, but for sections C & E I would strongly recommend brushing up with Ray’s review classes.  He offers a hands-on approach to solving problems where the solutions to the graphic portions of the exam are somewhat subjective and multiple solutions can be acceptable.  This material is not very conducive to the webinar format. 

Before I took section E, I paid to fly and stay a couple of nights in Raleigh, NC for an intensive review of section E material (grading and storm-water management was not my forte).  We had a 3 day session for 8-10 hours per day and went over multiple vignettes that covered all the bases for material pertaining to the exams.  It was money well spent and I passed all the sections of the exam on the first try.  Ray gives you multiple problems/vignettes that you can’t find anywhere else and an opportunity for his personal guidance and feedback to your solutions.  You are supplied with multiple vignettes for take home practice.  Practicing multiple vignettes under simulated testing conditions is really the key.  Working a couple practice problems a day prior to the exam gave me the confidence and ability to solve the problems quickly.

I would strongly consider taking his review classes, especially in light of the fact that this may be your last opportunity to take the exam in its current format.

Ray Freeman
    Participant

There will not be one this spring. All of my other opportunities came through. The closest reviews I will be doing are Sections C and E in Denver, and Section C in Philly.

Maybe I can work something out in the fall.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register