International Job Recruiters???

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Luter
    Participant

I have run across a couple of ads (on numerous job boards) similar to the link below.  It appears that they are posted by Tony Escobar of International Job Recruiters.  Most of the ads are seeking employees for firms in China.  Does anyone have any experience with recruiters like this?  Does this seem legit?

http://www.newyorkjobs.com/jobdetails.cfm?jid=1404724

Jason T. Radice
    Participant

I’ve been reading and hearing many warnings about these. They (of course) want you to send money and then they don’t do anything. Some are also identity theft rings that use your info for nefarious purposes. Be very careful with anything overseas unless you applying DIRECTLY to a known company.

Tanya Olson
    Participant

This from my good friend who works for an international recruiting company….

1. don’t ever pay – the corporation pays the recruiting fee

2. don’t ever give anyone your personal information like drivers license, ssn – resumes only

3. recruiters normally only screen and pass on your resume to the hiring company and the company contacts you from there – sometimes the recruiter will act as a mediator through the hiring process as they are often hired for translation purposes, but they shouldn’t be the only person you have contact with.

Jason T. Radice
    Participant

Excellent points Tanya, and the same holds true for DOMESTIC headhunters as well, although there isn’t much of that going on.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register