Internship Offers or Advice

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Barcelos
    Participant

I am sure there are plenty of students or recent grads that are in need of internships with a professional Landscape Architecture firm.  I myself have been searching for months online trying to land an internship for this upcoming summer.  I am familiar with the big name internship programs (Design Workshop, EDSA, SWA Group) but I am still looking for more opportunities.  Does anyone know of any additional internship programs that are available for this upcoming summer, or have any advice for researching firms that hire summer interns? I am willing to travel anywhere in order to gain the experience of a professional internship.  Please let me any opinions or suggestions you may have. 

Chase Lee
    Participant

Hey Michael. I was kind of in the same boat trying to find internships and I realized that I just needed to start getting creative in my search. It is all about finding an untapped niche and figuring out how you can fit into it. One of the best things for me to use when looking for an internship was the ASLA website and use the “Firm Finder”. Just start looking in areas that you know you would like to live in and then start looking at suburbs and areas similar. It was a lot of work and there were plenty of rejections, mostly based on size of the firms, BUT……eventually you will find someone that is looking for an intern. Lastly, NETWORK NETWORK NETWORK. I feel like if you know someone then you also have a better chance of getting your foot in the door, but that is not always easy to do. This year’s LABash was a good way to make some of those contacts though. Hope this helps and GOOD LUCK!

Pete Stam
    Participant
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register