Is advertising for LA’s still considered unethical?

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Is advertising for LA’s still considered unethical?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Alan Ray, RLA
    Participant

Jarrod, take a look at theeastnashvillian.com and download the pdf of tthe magazine and my business card is on the inside of the back cover…I’m trying to get an article published soon….this mag has a distribution of 5,000….tell me what you think about it. maybe I should add a pic as was suggested….

Ultimately, I plan to move up to the larger mags….I’m just trying in the east nashvillian  to see what happens…so far, nothing has resulted.

The first year I started working for myself I put a half page anouncement in the playbill for the Tennessee Performing Arts Center with a circulation of about 40,000 of Nashville’s high rollers. This was about a $4,000.00 ad. Guess how many calls from that?…….if you guessed zero you are correct.  Many people told me they saw the ad and that they liked it but these were mostly former clients…no new work….

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

“Has your property been injured, or do you know someone who has an injured property?, Dont take it on alone”

Maybe someday I’ll have an ad on the back cover of a Yellow Pages book!

Alan Ray, RLA
    Participant

I shloul get a law degree, pass the bar and be a landscape lawyeritect….

Jon Quackenbush
    Participant

Until you pass the bar though, you’d just be a Landscape Desawyer.  (⊙.☉)

Jason T. Radice
    Participant

Or a paralandscape

Alan Ray, RLA
    Participant

then I could sue people for bad design implementation!!!!

that’s the best idea I’ve ever heard!

Jon Quackenbush
    Participant

You want a plan?
    *I think I’m entitled.*
    You want a concept?*
    *I want a design!*
    You can’t handle the design!
    [pauses]
    Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be designed by men with autocad. Who’s gonna do it? You?

richard andrews
    Participant

we at http://www.bespokepatios.co.uk  have  been designing and laying patios for 26 years and most of that work came from word of mouth that my friend is the best advertising in thec world

richard andrews
    Participant

Also Alan if you wish to advertise on my site for free your more than welcome just leave your details on my contact page http://www.bespoepatios.co.uk 

richard andrews
    Participant

sorry mistyped url http://www.bespokepatios.co.uk

Thomas J. Johnson
    Participant

HEY HEY HEY!

CRAZY STEVE HERE FROM CRAZY STEVE’S LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE
    THIS WEEKEND ONLY WE’RE SLASHING PRICES ON ALL OUR DESIGN SERVICES
    PATIOS, POOLS, GAZEBOS
    PATHS, DRIVEWAYS & PLANTING

IT’S ALL ON SALE!

THERE’S ONLY 3 MONTHS LEFT BEFORE THIS PLACE TURNS INTO A FROZEN TUNDRA FOR THE NEXT 6 MONTHS, SO HURRY DOWN AND GET YOUR DESIGN DONE WHILE WE CAN STILL GET A SHOVEL IN THE GROUND.

JUST LOOK FOR THE CLAPPED OUT OLD BUILDING ON THE CORNER OF HERE & THERE, OVERLOOKING THE RAILROAD TRACKS. CRAZY STEVE IS ON THE 3rd FLOOR, REAR UNIT, JUST COME ON UP AND TELL’EM CRAZY STEVE SENT YOU. SINCE I’M CRAZY STEVE, AND I’M THE ONLY ONE HERE DO-DO-DOODLING AWAY, I’LL KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT!

WHOA! NOW THAT’S CARAZY!

Alan Ray, RLA
    Participant

That’s WACk Thomas!

I did place an ad in Nashville Arts Magazine…My first issue is  july.

check it out and tell me what you think….

nashvilleartsmagazine.com

thanks

Alan Ray, RLA
    Participant

thanks for the encouragement….your earlier coments helped me to make the decision to  go ahead….

check out the articles, we have a nice  bunch of artists around here….

there’s a cool article in July about Andy Worhol…

Alan Ray, RLA
    Participant

Thanks Henry, very kind of you to look and your comment is most appreciated….

The South is a very beautiful and “different”  place, not nearly as one dimensional as some feel and portray….. I love NYC…nothing like it!!! Would  liked to  have lived there as a young man.

The pace there would stress me beyond capacity…I do love visiting….and I would miss my momma’s cornbread…..

Heather Smith
    Participant

I really like it! And I think that is such a nice classy publication for it. Very fitting. I like your website too and your portfolio. Very nice! I like it not only because it will (hopefully) get you more business but because it is advertising landscape architecture!

Speaking of New York…that is on my list…every time I see Central Park in a movie or picture I remind Jon that we HAVE to go to New York. I am probably the least traveled LA grad. in the world. 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register