Job in San Clemente, CA

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Evan Burbridge
    Participant

Dear Land 8 members,

I am a landscape architecture student at the University of Idaho.  I will (hopefully) be finished with my MLA degree in the spring of 2013.  I have however found an awesome job the has just became available in my hometown of San Clemente, CA.  Unfortunately I won’t be able to apply for this job at this time.  I am posting this here because I don’t think this job has been made widely apparent.  San Clemente is dealing with rapid suburbanization and needs the direction of a landscape architect, instead of an engineer or a planner.  Check it out, its a great place to live.  

Best of luck,

Evan

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/sanclemente/default.cfm?action=viewjob&JobID=553275&headerfooter=1&WDDXJobSearchParams

Roland Beinert
    Participant

This would be perfect for me if I had two more years of experience and a license. Then again, if I had two more years of experience an a license, I probably would already have a job in landscape architecture.

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

You are in Idaho and have a degree in landscape architecture Roland – do they now require internship there?

Roland Beinert
    Participant

I see where you’re going with this. And now that I have a (non-landscape arch.) job again, maybe I can save up enough money to take the LARE then transer my license to other states. But there’s still the whole 4 year barrier to overcome. It seems like when I finished my bachelors degree everyone said entry level was 0-2 years, but everyone wanted someone with two years. Now four years is considered entry level by some. Ugh.

When I had a landscape arch. job back in ’08 I was working on getting my license, but when I was laid off it seemed pointless and expensive.

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

I see your point about the cost. It is a big deal, though. It puts you ahead of people who don’t have it and it can fast track your reciprocity in other states depending on the requirements as they are written for reciprocity. Many are not focussed in on the internship as they are with first time applicants. Most of us assume that they are, but it is not always the case.

Read California’s reciprocity requirements. There is nothing directly there about internship time. There is nothing on it in the application either.

In order to be eligible for reciprocity licensure, applicants must be licensed as a landscape architect in another state by having passed a written examination substantially equivalent in scope and subject matter to the written examination last given in California. For purposes of reciprocity, Landscape Architects Technical Committee recognizes the following examinations:

• Uniform National Examination for Landscape Architects (UNE)
    • Landscape Architect Registration Examination(LARE)”
    Roland Beinert
    Participant

I applied to an assistant planner job in Del Mar, CA a while ago. That at least is truly entry level, and I wouldn’t necessarily need to be licensed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register