Job locations for Landscape Architects

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Job locations for Landscape Architects

This topic contains 30 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Garulay, RLA 1 month ago.

Viewing 31 post (of 31 total)
  • Author

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

The problem is not the ability to do the work. The problem is the ability to get the work. I few years ago I was entertaining the idea of hiring or partnering with someone to get more out of the work that I was getting. Every person who responded wanted to work remotely with no understanding that I did not want to set up tasks or assignments. I needed someone to constantly interact with to develop a project.

I liken it to the difference between designing with other professionals as a team. Sometimes it is just a collection of professionals and each does his task. Other times it is a true team which know each other, which communicate between each other, and all adjust to each other’s concerns to bring together a cohesive project.

You can absolutely do that remotely, but not until you have developed a very close understanding of each other so that you know how each other thinks, what their capabilities are, and what their expectations are. I just don’t think that anyone would start that blindly if there were any other alternatives for more interaction.

Viewing 31 post (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register