Job locations for Landscape Architects

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Job locations for Landscape Architects

Viewing 31 post (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

The problem is not the ability to do the work. The problem is the ability to get the work. I few years ago I was entertaining the idea of hiring or partnering with someone to get more out of the work that I was getting. Every person who responded wanted to work remotely with no understanding that I did not want to set up tasks or assignments. I needed someone to constantly interact with to develop a project.

I liken it to the difference between designing with other professionals as a team. Sometimes it is just a collection of professionals and each does his task. Other times it is a true team which know each other, which communicate between each other, and all adjust to each other’s concerns to bring together a cohesive project.

You can absolutely do that remotely, but not until you have developed a very close understanding of each other so that you know how each other thinks, what their capabilities are, and what their expectations are. I just don’t think that anyone would start that blindly if there were any other alternatives for more interaction.

Viewing 31 post (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register