L.A.R.E. To test with the old or with the new?

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION L.A.R.E. To test with the old or with the new?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tenaya Fihe
    Participant

CLARB Exam Transition

This link off of the CLARB website was recently brought to my attention. I am deciding whether to test with the old L.A.R.E. format or with the new one being rolled out in 2012 to finish my licensing procedure. I have already passed 2 multiple choice sections.

I was hoping to find some forums discussing this topic. A few questions I have…

Will the new graphics sections use a vector graphics program like AutoCad if the whole test is now going to be computer based? Or perhaps will the graphics sections now be multiple choice as well?

Will there be study material provided by CLARB as no one has ever used the new exam format?

Are current review courses being trained in the new format or will this only occur after year one and two of the new exam format (review courses pushed out to 2013-2014)?

Thanks in advance for any leads and information regarding this topic.

Wyatt Thompson, PLA
    Participant

There is a lengthy discussion of this here. If you get past all the gripes about the change, you will likely find some good advice. The FAQs on the CLARB site address the content of the new exams. The short answer is that it probably depends on which sections you’ve passed and how confident you are on the remaining material.

Tenaya Fihe
    Participant

Just spoke with a CLARB rep. They said there is a facebook feed that might be worth checking out. In addition, here is a link to the F.A.Q. page addressing the transition. (*It does say no CAD on the test).

CLARB – FAQ

Facebook Discussion

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register